About the role
Amazing infrastructure isnt the only thing that gets built here. Incredible careers do too. Join our Regional Civils team as a Senior Quantity Surveyor on the SCAPE framework in Leeds or Bradford and you can build something to be proud of. Hybrid working is available for these roles too.
- A Senior Quantity Surveyor is an experienced QS who has a track record in managing all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures;
- Seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality;
- Typically they will be a Chartered Member of the RICS, ICES or CIOB;
- Have experience of managing a small team of less experienced commercial staff as well as mentoring others on their journey to becoming professionally qualified.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will involve:
- Ordering information and systematically checks data;
- Preparing Activity Schedules, Resource Schedules & analyses tender documents.
- Critically appraises, estimates and negotiates the above with 3rd parties
- Monitoring subcontract activities, measure and respond appropriately;
- Analysing the commercial progress and report to senior project staff;
- Undertaking constructability analyses using construction programmes;
- Preparing procurement programme and helps develop the strategy.
- Analysing rates & prices, agreement of variations and or compensation events as required'
- Preparing, submitting and negotiating claims when required;
- Preparing Internal reports, commercial progress and financial reconciliation.
- Managing HR/People aspects for direct and indirect reports (PDRs etc);
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying or experience equivalent;
Membership of RICS, ICES or CIOB (or working towards).
- Excellent communicator;
- Achievement Focus (Achieving Results);
- Business and Customer Awareness;
- Applies organisational aims & objectives;
- Identifies with the customer needs;
- Recognises opportunities & threats.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
In UK Construction Services, our aim is to be the partner of choice; the go-to in our sector, trusted to deliver for our customers. We work across a huge and exciting range of sectors, including aviation, building, civils, defence and energy.
From ground investigations and flood defence to complex roads and bridges; primary schools to world class universities; ground-breaking hospitals to city centre living; the depth of our experience and quality of our projects is something we are proud of.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/