About the role
Amazing infrastructure isnt the only thing that gets built here. Incredible careers do too. Join our Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick team as a Senior Commercial Manager on the Midlands Metropolitan University Hospital Project and you can build something to be proud of here.
- To work with the build commercial director to form an effective team for managing the successful delivery of the MMH for the NHS Trust; leading the MEP commercial team in maximising the commercial performance of the MEP Stream through the implementation of the commercial strategy and targets developed by the Business Streams Leadership Team/ Project Steering Group and Project Directorship.
- To ensure that the strategy, policy, culture and standards established by the business unit leadership team are effectively deployed within the commercial team.
What you'll be doing
As a/an Senior Commercial Manager, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Control costs and effectively manage budgets
- Ensure the team complies with all Regulations and Company Policies & Processes
- Manage and support projects on commercial and supplier contracting aspects of projects across the business stream
- Assess and report on commercial aspects of project performance, and escalate as appropriate
- Understand the requirements of the Customers and ensure that the Project is managed commercially to satisfy those requirements and in keeping with Customer Focus Strategy
- Effectively manage change and operational efficiency, continuously identify areas for business improvement
- Manage relationships with key external and internal stakeholders
- Ensuring Monthly Commercial Reports are completed accurately and timeously
Who we're looking for
You will have the following:
- You will have appropriate qualifications, and professional membership of the RICS, CIOB or ICE
- Hold a valid CSCS card.
- Ability to drive and influence people to work to dates / programme
- Ability to break complex matters down and communicate concisely and effectively to Senior Management (written and verbal)
- Exceptional negotiation, leadership and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to influence through others
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick (BBK) is a market leading mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) and mechanical, electrical and instrumentation (ME&I) solutions provider with over 100 years of engineering expertise.
We design, install and maintain the systems that make building infrastructure work. Emphasising environmentally efficient technologies, digital construction and offsite manufacturing, our experienced teams deliver high quality solutions across the following sectors: Aviation, Buildings, Civils, Defence, Energy and New Build Nuclear.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/