About the role
Our innovative thinking shapes our industry; equipping the world for tomorrows challenges. Join our Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick team as a Senior Quantity Surveyor working for our Offsite Solutions Team and you can contribute to tangible, worthwhile work you can be proud of.
What you'll be doing
As a/an Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Has a good knowledge of and adheres to the Companys GMCEs, BMS and other governance
- This will Support our Nuclear works on Sellafield & Hinkley Point C
- IT Skills Proficient at using MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
- Orders information and systematically checks data
- Maximises digital opportunities
- Prepares Activity Schedules, Resource Schedules & analyses tender documents
- Critically appraises, estimates and negotiates the above with 3rd parties
- Experience of measurement from drawings & preparing BoQ (process pipework/ HVAC) **Beneficial but not essential
- Reviews complex contract programmes such as Time-Location,
- Assists with the preparation of delay and disruption programmes
- Monitors subcontract activities, measure and respond appropriately
- Commercial administration of Subcontracts Packages
- Analyses the commercial progress and report to senior project staff
- Manages commercial aspects with Customer and Stakeholders for their area of responsibility
- Undertakes constructability analyses using construction programmes
- Prepares procurement programme and helps develop the strategy
- Analyses rates & prices, agreement of variations and or compensation events as required
- Undertakes customer and stakeholder management for their area of responsibility
- Prepares, submits and negotiates claims when required
- Prepares Internal reports, commercial progress and financial reconciliation (inc. CVR & cost forecasts)
Development, Recruitment and Retention
- Manages HR/People aspects for direct and indirect reports (PDRs etc)
- Actively supports the development of others incl professional mentoring
- Produces plans for team to achieve goals / aspirations
- Supports recruitment of lower grades
Who we're looking for
You will have the following:
- BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying or experience equivalent
- Membership of RICS, ICES or CIOB (or working towards)
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Conversant with NEC3/4 Form of Contract
- Experience of utilising CEMAR
- Experience of utilising Oracle R12
- Experience of manufacturing/fabrication environment
- Experience of process pipework / HVAC
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick (BBK) is a market leading mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) and mechanical, electrical and instrumentation (ME&I) solutions provider with over 100 years of engineering expertise.
We design, install and maintain the systems that make building infrastructure work. Emphasising environmentally efficient technologies, digital construction and offsite manufacturing, our experienced teams deliver high quality solutions across the following sectors: Aviation, Buildings, Civils, Defence, Energy and New Build Nuclear.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/