About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an ELECTRICIAN to join our BB Kilpatrick team to work in South Killingholme, North Lincolnshire.
What you'll be doing
You will have the following accountabilities:
- The installation, repair and maintenance of lighting brackets, overhead cables, bollards and signs
- Installation/Jointing of Private cable network
- Report/rectify any defects
- The changing of lamps, lamp holders, covers, electric cells, fuses, capacitors, switches etc
- Tracking and diagnosis of electrical faults
- Management of basic on-site risk assessments
- Responsible for site traffic management
- Responsible for company equipment and vehicles
- Work unsociable hours as required
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- you should be technically competent with experience of working within street lighting.
- Must be comfortable working within a team as well as working alone.
- You will have the ability to read maps and must have a good level of written and numerical skills.
- A demonstrable ability to learn new processes quickly.
- Excellent attention to detail & self-motivated.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work to tight deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate technical knowledge and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of electrical repair.
- Full training will be provided to allow the successful candidate to develop into the role.
- GCSE, or equivalent, in Maths and English
- 18th Edition Wiring regulations
- Level 2 Electrical qualification
- Level 3 Electrical qualification
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Willing to attend training as required
- Full clean UK Driving License
- CompEx 1-4
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to 2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/