About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a MPV Fitter (Heavy Plant) to join our Rail team to work site based at our Horsham Depot.
- Maintain and Repair MPV and modules in-line with Company Policies.
What you'll be doing
As a MPV Fitter (Heavy Plant) you will:
- Ensure compliance with the Companys Policies and Procedures on SHEQ;
- Ensure that those under your charge and any 3rd parties are observing the Company and Depot Policies regarding SHEQ;
- Ensure regular communication between yourself and your line manager;
- Undertake the duties as directed by the Charge-hand;
- Maintain MPVs and Modules IAW the NWR issued Technical Publications;
- Maintain and custody all documentation;
- Be proficient in and carry out the fault finding and subsequent repair of mechanical and electrical systems;
- Be proficient in carrying out as required verbal and written reports on faults, repairs, maintenance, accidents and incidents;
- As part of a team develop initiatives to improve the quality, productivity, reliability and availability of MPVs and Modules;
- Be training and Professional Development as required;
- Any other Duties as directed by your Line Management.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Served a recognised engineering apprenticeship;
- Successfully completed Dual Trade skills competency assessment for Mechanical / Electrical systems;
- Knowledge of and experience in the Rail industry;
- Good resource management skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Undertake road vehicle driving as required;
- Ability to work to Maintenance programme timescales/deadlines;
- Must meet and maintain the appropriate medical standard for the position;
- Knowledge of heath & safety legislation/risk management/COSHH awareness;
- PPPCs as required;
- Stores Knowledge.
- Fire warden.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/