About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Timberman to join our Power Transmission & Distribution business across the UK.
Work as part of a gang to carry out foundation construction activities, with a willingness to learn new skills and participate in general activities on site.
What you'll be doing
As a Timberman, you will:
- Maintain and develop new skills and competencies in accordance with BBUS standards and legislative changes;
- Carry out all work in accordance with the standards, policies and procedures of BBUS and its clients;
- Work as part of a team to ensure the safe, effective and efficient implementation of BBUS operations;
- Maintain site safety at all times and complete daily risk assessments where required;
- Conform to all instructions stated in method statements and risk assessments;
- Ensure that accidents and near misses are suitably reported;
- Complete all work to BBUS's high quality standards;
- Understand the site specific risk assessments to ensure all known risks are controlled;
- Understand and use the safe systems of work to be employed at the work site;
- Only operate plant with the correct authorisation and training;
- Wear the correct PPE at all ties and use any specific PPE as required or instructed;
Ensure that accidents and incidents are promptly reported to the Foreman
Who we're looking for
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our skilled and dedicated teams deliver a range of proactive and reactive services which support a reliable and safe supply of power flowing to millions of homes and businesses around the world. Our contracts range from 50,000 schemes to 100 million plus major projects.
Our people are our biggest asset and we focus on recruiting, training and developing the people who can apply innovation to deliver the infrastructure of the future. We nurture these talents, offer a great benefits package and continually invest in developing the skills of our people at every level.
Balfour Beattys Power Transmission & Distribution teams work with regional, national and international electricity network owners and operators to provide technical engineering solutions.
With experience and expertise across the full spectrum of the electricity grid our teams have capability across overhead lines, cable tunnels, distribution networks and substations.
From scoping and feasibility, to design, construction and on-going maintenance, our in-house experts, flexible resources and industry-leading innovations support clients in the development of some of the worlds most ambitious power transmission and distribution projects.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/