About the role
Our projects are more than just your opportunity to make your mark. Theyre an opportunity to stretch, test and develop your expertise. Join our Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick team as a Welder and you'll deliver complex work that really matters to our business, and the world around you.
What you'll be doing
As a/an Welder, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately
- Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes
- Uncompromising approach to the implementation of safe systems of work
- Awareness of Specification and other Contract documents
- Understands and implements the requirements of Inspection and Test Plans
- Encourages ownership within the team and fosters a culture of Right First Time
- Full fabrication of bespoke high integrity Ductwork components manufactured from Stainless and Mild Steel sheet thickness 2 to 3mm thick.
- Monitor levels of workmanship
Who we're looking for
You will have the following:
- Experience of Welding of QC1 Stainless steel and mild steel Ductwork
- Welding operations qualified to BS EN ISO 9606-1:2017
- Understands the basic Company Protocols with regard to accidents and Incidents investigations
- Understanding of manufacturing tolerances
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick (BBK) is a market leading mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) and mechanical, electrical and instrumentation (ME&I) solutions provider with over 100 years of engineering expertise.
We design, install and maintain the systems that make building infrastructure work. Emphasising environmentally efficient technologies, digital construction and offsite manufacturing, our experienced teams deliver high quality solutions across the following sectors: Aviation, Buildings, Civils, Defence, Energy and New Build Nuclear.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/