About the role
Balfour Beatty are currently recruiting for a Planning Engineer to join our Power Transmission & Distribution team in Motherwell.
Responsible for the updating and maintenance of all aspects of the Power T&D OHL, Substation and Cabling projects in P6 programme(s).
You will support the planning and monitoring of all activities within the project programme and ensure the delivery of weekly and monthly programme reports in line with the project reporting timetable.
What you'll be doing
As a Planning Engineer, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Plan, structure and lead the planning of the project programme of works.
- Manage the interface between the programme and the operational staff through structured meetings, programme and progress reporting.
- Highlight both the dependencies and the interfaces between stakeholders.
- Identify programme risks and propose mitigation strategies.
- Identify programme opportunities and propose capture strategies.
- Maintain a fully logically linked Primavera P6 project programme
- Ensure the schedule is resourced (plant and personnel) and update to reflect modifications in execution strategy. This will require close work with the project delivery team to regularly maintain the status of the programme.
- Update and report progress of the project at regular intervals to the Regional Planning Manager and Project Manager.
- Reporting on key resources including staff; operatives, key plant and equipment, supply chain and other.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Proven experience of Planning Tools such as Primavera P6 - preferably on Power Transmission projects;
- Operational experience of managing construction projects in Primavera P6;
- Working experience of Project Management methodology;
- Proven ability in working with engineering / operational teams to capture real time progress.
- Knowledge of Earned Value Principles and reporting;
- Capable of developing progress S Curves to demonstrate project performance.
- Experience working in an NEC3 contract environment
- Hold the APMP or APM Practitioner Qualification
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.