About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Commercial Manager to join our Highways team to work in Enfield.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Commercial Manager, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external;
- Implement a project level Commercial Delivery Plan;
- Develop and implement a strategy by which conflict can be avoided or best managed;
- Prepare and deliver a Contract Awareness briefing to the project team including new starters;
- Ensure compliance with and correct administration of the contract terms and conditions;
- Ensure timely submission of all contractual notices and supporting data;
- Lead the Change Control Process for both Client (external) and WPM (internal) changes and seek early resolution of contract changes;
- Assist Project teams with advice and contractual support for project issues;
- Support the bidding process, including the preparation of commercial contract reviews, the preparation of risk reports for internal legal review, the negotiation of favourable contract terms and conditions and the participation in risk reviews and assessments;
- Ensure that adequate records are maintained in respect of project issues and commercial management processes;
- Prepare periodic reports for the Client;
- Support Client cost audits;
- Ensure best practice commercial standards are established and promoted across the project(s);
- Ensure adherence to CPS internal governance processes across the project(s);
- Ensure insurance issues are managed in accordance with procedures;
- Support the management of claims including liaising with internal/external legal consultants;
- Contract compliance/interpretation dealing with quasi-legal issues (such as environmental trespassers);
- Providing support to the business on contract interpretation issues and general matters;
- Supporting procurement with Sub-Contractor queries on Sub-Contract formation;
- Dealing with contract changes arising out of changes; primarily from an operations perspective;
- Supporting green claims (damage to Crown Property) on challenging 3rd party claims both for & against;
- Supporting business on insurance matters; 3rd party claims both for property damage/personal injury
- Liaising with local authorities on planning enforcement matters;
- Supporting on fatal accident investigations;
- Supporting security & environmental teams on fly-tipping; land ownership issues.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities:
Results Driven: Demonstrates a passion and excitement for his/her work. Tackles problems head-on and works to resolve them without delay.
Focus on Excellence: Willing to go the extra mile to exceed expectations. Continually searches for ways to add value and take performance to the next level.
Teamwork & Collaboration: Puts aside personal agendas to work for the benefit of customers and suppliers and other stakeholders. Proactively builds knowledge through sharing knowledge, ideas and expertise with others.
Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Actively collects customer information and uses it to improve services and solutions. Manages the experience of customers to ensure positive relationships are established and maintained.
Operational Excellence: Plans and organises work to safely achieve maximum efficiency and output. Delivers results consistently.
Adaptability: Learns quickly. Adapts positively to changing business and customer demands. Is energised by change.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.