About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe - the M25.
We are looking for a Network Coordinator (SE) to join us to work in Dartford.
- Deliver CPS Contract obligations with regard to Road-space allocation and co-ordination with all Stakeholders (internal and external);
- Communicate and co-ordinate across CPS for all Road-space needs;
- Optimise Road-space utilisation;
- To minimise disruption to the M25 network;
- To ensure safe operation within multi-occupancy Road-space work-sites;
- To deliver savings in Traffic Management costs to CPS;
- Monitor Abnormal Load notifications coming in via CASCADE, EDSAL, fax and email to ensure they comply with Highways England regulations;
- Ensure that Abnormal Load movements do not conflict with planned works;
- Support the establishment of the CPO function;
- Input into the definition of Procedures for CPO and supporting processes;
- Provide resilience cover for other Network Occupancy Co-ordinators and Assistant Planners.
What you'll be doing
Delivery of CPS contract service obligations
- Delivery of contract obligations in relation to Roadspace booking / allocation / prioritisation / reporting;
- Delivery of contract obligations in relation to Abnormal Load routing / booking / communication;
- Accountability for DBFO Contract performance measures in relation to Roadspace;
- Work in compliance with Business Quality Management System;
- Work in accordance with Roadspace and Abnormal Load booking processes;
- Ensure data integrity within all toolsets to support performance measures and baselines.
Roadspace and Abnormal Load Movements
- To administer incoming Roadspace requests, Event notifications and Abnormal Load movement requests are confirmed within the CPS & Highways England booking systems in an accurate manner within the contractual timescales;
- Conduct clash analysis of all activities to identify any potential conflicts and work to resolve these in order to minimise disruption the network;
- To encourage collaboration of activities to minimise disruption on the network;
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders when advising of Abnormal load movements;
- Manage and co-ordinate TTRO applications and ROB Departures between Highways England and applicants;
- Manage and co-ordinate Permits and TMAN applications between TFL / Local Authorities and applicants;
- To produce and circulate a weekly Network Occupancy bulletin which include all the activities taking place on the network;
- Contribute to the delivery of best in class Roadspace and Abnormal load management within UK Strategic Road Network;
- Provide resilience for colleagues for holidays, sickness, training etc.
Reporting & Records
- Be able to produce and circulate all Network Occupancy reports to the required timescales:-
- Weekly bulletins;
- Weekend works;
- Schedule of Non Routine Closures;
- Bank Holiday Roadworks notifications, etc.
- Be able to produce and circulate contractual KPI data monthly;
- Administer and maintain records of all Abnormal load movements via the use of CASCADE, EDSAL, fax, and email;
- Ensure copies of Indemnities from hauliers wishing to move Abnormal loads are held bu CPS.
- Be able to train those who wish to use the CPS NOMS system;
- Be able to train NOC staff in the use of Highways Englands Network Occupancy system to ensure contractual compliance;
- Coach & mentor new team members to become effective Network Occupancy and Abnormal Load Co-ordinators;
- Conduct Roadspace clinics with applicants to understand their works and facilitate their planned work on the network.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience of managing Roadspace & Abnormal Load routing or similar planning / organising environment;
- Use of SRW and other Highways England systems;
- Possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications;
- Experience in highway project delivery, highway maintenance and asset inspections or similar transferrable experience;
- Good customer service skills;
- The post holder must meet the requirements of security clearance to Counter Terrorism Check level;
- Team working;
- Methodical and output focussed;
- Able to demonstrate the CPS Values and Behaviours, One Team, Trust, Customer Focus, Respect and Excellence;
- Flexible and adaptable, responding dynamically to a changing 24/7 operational environment;
- Able to manage complex issues and communicate these effectively;
- Resilient under pressure and in the face of change;
- Aspire to demanding goals, coaching supporting colleagues and maximise personal business contribution;
- Strong drive and proven delivery record;
- Self awareness;
- Dynamic approach, seeking continuous improvement and further opportunities.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.