About the role
Balfour Beatty has an opportunity for a Level 1 Structures to join our Highways team to work in London.
What you'll be doing
As a Level 1 Structures, you will perform the following:
- Carry out all type of civil and building works with or without direct supervision;
- Undertake maintenance activities within capabilities with or without direct supervision;
- Complete any records as required, including daily worksheets, and maintenance report sheets;
- Drive vehicles as required, for maintenance purposes;
- Observe all safety procedures and instructions.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Hold a UK Driving Licence, minimum C+E (suitable training may be provided if necessary);
- Have experience working within a civil engineering or building field;
- Hold an NHSS sector 12B Traffic Management Operative or willing to undertake further study to achieve the qualification;
- Have experience working on a live motorway or APTR network;
- Have knowledge of the current Health & Safety legislation's.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.