About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Director to join our Highways team to work in Enfield.
- To take overall accountability for financial management, cost control and reporting in accordance with and Group policy
- A key member of the senior leadership team, contributing to all aspects of the business, including strategic development, operational performance and organisational efficiency
- To develop and maintain a high-performing, trusted and customer focused finance team.
What you'll be doing
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, you contribute to the development and implementation of the CPS Business Plan.
As as Finance Director , you will lead by example to:
- Ensure a personal relentless focus on Zero Harm and, proactively lead the business to deliver positive economic, social and environmental outcomes;
- Build and inspire talented teams;
- Live the Balfour Beatty and CPS Values & personally demonstrate the Leadership Behaviours;
- Control costs and effectively manage budgets;
- Ensure the team complies with all Regulations and Company Policies & Processes;
Specific role accountabilities include:
- Responsible for implementing and controlling financial management, reporting and planning in accordance with Group procedures and timetables;
- Provide effective input and analysis across all business areas, operational/financial performance and challenge variances to target;
- Provide appropriate input to the development and implementation of business strategy to inform business decision making;
- Manage the balance sheet, margin declaration, cash flow and credit control routines, ensuring that all figures are robust, understood and supportable;
- Take the lead with Business Improvement Director in managing and reporting of target cost reductions and operational efficiencies;
- Take ownership for consolidating and reporting of risks and opportunities;
- Work closely with the Commercial teams to understand and influence business performance and manage risks.
Who we're looking for
This is a key senior management role and you will have the following qualities and experience:
- Successful track record as a senior finance professional with a contracting/projects background, with specific experience of the Highways industry;
- A relevant professional accountancy qualification is required;
- The individual will have substantial experience within the areas of financial management and planning, with strong commercial and financial acumen;
- The ability to be independent and objective are key attributes, whilst constructively challenging yet maintaining effective relationships.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.