About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Estimator - Project Delivery to join our Highways team to work in Leatherhead.
What you'll be doing
As an Estimator - Project Delivery, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Deal with day-to-day estimating requirements for the Improvement team and queries from a variety of stakeholders
- Deal with the day- to- day estimating requirements for the Change Control Manager
- Support the Asset Management Plans providing an estimating function.
- Monitoring, administering and auditing the estimating procedures within the business
- Actively support and contribute to the development of the commercial strategy
- Support the Contract Risk/ Change manager and Supply Chain manager where necessary
- Support the commercial team embedded within the business
- Managing and up dating estimating software package(Candy)
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Relevant and sufficient knowledge and experience within an estimating background;
- Proven experience of gaining credibility and building strong working relationships;
- Ideally be a candidate who has previous experience within highways/construction;
- Have proven Highway Maintenance Estimating, negotiation and influencing skills;
- Awareness of current commercial legislation;
- Competent user of Microsoft packages.
- Preparation of tender brief and enquiry documentation including the preparation of bills
- Understand the principles of budge and cost management
- The ability to measure, record and value work supervised in accordance with appropriate rules
- The ability to seek out, locate and assemble pre and post contract documentation, complimented with the necessary administration skills
- Professional with a strong commercial acumen; have good influencing and negotiation skills;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- A team player with a flexible approach to achieving joint objectives;
Ability to plan and organise own time and workload; enthusiastic with a strong work ethic
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.