About the role
Balfour Beatty currently have any opportunity for a HGV Driver /Incident Support Unit (ISU) Operative, to work on the M25, one of the busiest sections of road in the UK and one of the most important!
As part of the Connect Plus Services business based in Essex, you will be responsible for assisting in the efficient service delivery of the M25 DBFO Network by undertaking a wide range of incident response, hazard clearance, network maintenance and much more.
The successful candidate will be required to work to a shift rota of 4 on 4 off (days and nights)
What you'll be doing
As a HGV Driver, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide the initial response and arrange specialist advice at the scene of road related incidents, hazards and collisions acting in Bronze incident command capacity.
- Attend incidents and work safely in accordance with agreed CPS policies, method statements and risk assessments to facilitate the prompt clear up of hazard/incident.
- Undertake activities, as instructed, with capabilities to ensure that your area of responsibility is maintained. This will include but not exclusive to:
- debris and safety patrols/inspections,
- graffiti removal
- carriageway repairs,
- soft estate maintenance (eg grass),
- litter picking,
- sign maintenance,
- Any other duties allocated by Line Managers.
- Implement Emergency Traffic Management in line with CPS policies, method statements and risk assessments.
- Provide accurate and legible written and verbal communication in the form of reports and records as required.
- Use mobile communication/data devices to accurately input data for record purposes to form reports and business records as required
- Undertake routine vehicle checks and maintain accurate and up to date driving records in line with legislation in accordance with CPS procedures.
- Taking due care of any CPS property including but not limited to tablets, vehicles and airwave radios.
Who we're looking for
- UK Driving Licence, minimum category C (LGV Class 2);
- Driver Qualification Card;
- CSCS Operative Card;
- ROLO Sector Scheme 18;
- NHSS12A/B 1 Day qualification;
- Appropriate manual handling qualification;
- Appropriate lifting qualification;
- Vehicle Marshall;
- 12AB Impact Protection Vehicle Courses (IPV);
- Disc cutter/abrasive wheel.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.