About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a BIM Co-ordinator to join our Highways Team on the A14 project to work in Boxworth, Cambridge.
- Working within the BIM department and reporting to the BIM Manager;
- Liaising with the project teams you are responsible for providing design coordination and information capture through Level 2 BIM processes in accordance with Highways England IAN standards;
- Provide accurate information, drawings, models and animations to assist the construction teams in there every day work and Highways England with their future maintenance of the A14.
What you'll be doing
As, BIM Co-ordinator, you will be responsible for the following:-
- Ensure requests and deadlines are achieved;
- Production of high quality BIM information in accordance with PAS 1192 and IAN 184;
- Ensure information and models are produced in an efficient and structured manor for all levels of the project;
- Work alongside the engineering team to provide coordination assistance;
- Work with the planning team to produce 4D animations / sequences from federated models;
- Produce CAD drawings when requested to assist construction;
- Assist where required in the coordination of existing and proposed utilities;
- Work with the GIS team to ensure records are relevant and accessible;
- Assist the designers in updating models and drawings to record standards;
- Keep up to date with Highways Englands evolving CAD and BIM standards;
- Understand and interpret information capture in line with the A14 MPDT.
- Communicate regularly with the whole BIM team around your section of work and lessons learnt;
- Share our achievements with project teams outside of the A14 / parent companies;
- Relay information gathered from project teams with the BIM team;
- Ensure you stay informed with the activities being undertaken on site;
- Where possible use the noticeboard and SharePoint feature to inform the A14 team of the current BIM activities and opportunities;
- Promote the use of BIM in all aspects of the A14 scope of works.
Who we're looking for
Required skills and experience:-
- Able to proficiently use AutoCAD and Navisworks;
- An understanding of all principle Autodesk products;
- Able to produce Word and Excel documents;
- Participate in software training provided by the project.
Health Safety & Environmental
- Understanding of the importance of working at all times in a manner to ensure the safety of yourself and others affected by your actions.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.