About the role
Balfour Beatty currently have an opportunity for an Electronics Technician to join the Connect Plus (CPS) team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe - the M25.
In this varied and interesting role as an Electronics Technician, you will assist in the efficient operation of the M25 Tunnels by undertaking maintenance and other tasks as required by the Maintenance Supervisor. You will be responsible for fault diagnostics, data, comms, ultra low voltage and all technical electronics
The successful candidate will be required to work a 4 on 4 off 12 hour shift pattern (2 days 6am-6pm/2 nights 6pm-6am/4 days off).
What you'll be doing
As an Electronics Technician you will:
- Report to the Maintenance Supervisor
- Be conversant with Plant Monitoring and Control Systems, including SCADA, PLCs, I/O, networking etc
- Be conversant with a range of electronic / technology equipment including CCTV, incident detection, radio rebroadcast, telephone networks, fire alarm systems, air monitoring etc. within the Dartford River Crossing and other M25 Tunnels, under normal and emergency conditions
- Repair and maintenance of the traffic safety system on the approach to the Dartford tunnels including sensors, barriers and traffic signals
- Complete any records as required, including daily worksheets, and maintenance report sheets
- Read drawings and carry out fault finding and repairs without supervision
- Carry out any work of a manual, semi-skilled or skilled nature of any type of trade description (including out of trade work) under the instructions of the Maintenance Supervisor
- Attend incidents and work safely in accordance with policies to facilitate the early clear up of hazard/incident
- Complete any other duties within the capacity of a Maintenance Technician as required by the Line Managers
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role you will have:
Qualifications & Skills:
- Recognised Electronic or Technology Qualifications or Apprenticeship
- Be IT literate
- Card holder or training will be provided if necessary in:
- - MEWPS
- - Traffic Management
- - Confined spaces
- - CSCS Safety Card
- Experience of routine maintenance and repairs to a wide range of electronics / technology equipment
- Practical maintenance or servicing experience with a wide knowledge of computer / logic control systems
- Fault finding using schematic drawings
- Knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation
- Ability to carry out installation work to current legislation / standards
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.