About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe - the M25.
We are looking for a Construction Engineer to join us to work in Leatherhead.
Co ordinate, manage and monitor delivery of scheme construction whilst providing cost effective solutions to maintain or improve the asset to the standards agreed and considering the needs of key stakeholders.
What you'll be doing
You will be accountable for the following:
- Responsible for Health, Safety and Environment during construction process;
- Manage construction to budget and programme without any overrun of works;
- Report bi-weekly on performance against budget and programme;
- Deliver the outcomes agreed by the Highways Agency and DBFO Co to programme and budget;
- Deliver construction of the Improvement Schemes Portfolio to the agreed outcome of the DBFO Co Objectives and Highways Agency objectives;
- Year on year increase in the budget for Improvement schemes and increased financial threshold for O&M Construction;
- Manage external resources in terms of quality, budget and programme;
- Monitor construction to ensure the Specification requirements are met;
- Ensure construction of schemes meet the expected levels of quality;
- Ensure the IMS system is actively applied;
- Ensure Temporary Traffic Management is maintained to the highest standards;
- Carry out regular safety field inspections and audits;
- Ensure levels of service necessary for construction and close out including H&S File and as-build drawings;
- Take part in ECI meetings as required;
- Attend regular team and progress meetings;
- Carry out duties in accordance with Scheme Control Document;
- Manage compensation events with supply chain;
- Manage interface with designers and change control;
- Live the Connect Plus Services Values;
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
- Support the delivery of the business Sustainability activities .
Who we're looking for
You will have the following:
Qualifications/ skills/ experience:
- Project management skills;
- Knowledge of CAT process (CAF and TOCCA);;
- Knowledge of CDM and other H&S legislation
- CSCS Management (Platinum) Card;
- Understanding of Environmental requirements;
- Knowledge of Quality Management & IMS;
- Good communication skills;
- Knowledge of construction Standards and Specification (DMRB / MCDHW etc);
- Knowledge of HA procedures;
- Recent experience of leading teams and coordinating interfaces with other disciplines;
- Experience in the construction of highways and structures schemes;
- Good knowledge of traffic management;
- Ability to carry out designs for less complex improvements schemes in accordance with DMRB, SHW, design standards.
- Experience of leading teams and coordinating interfaces with other disciplines
- Experience in the construction of highways and structures schemes
- Good knowledge of traffic management
- Comfortable to develop relationships at all levels of the organisation
Able to manage a team to deliver targets
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.