About the role
Balfour Beatty currently has excellent opportunities for Working COSS's/ES (COSS Gangers) covering the Severn and Thames area. Successful candidates will be based within easy reach of;
To be successful in this role you will need to have a Rail Civils background with the flexibility to work across the region when required. You will be required to work days and nights, with weekend work and call out available.
What you'll be doing
As a Working COSS, you will:
- Ensure any issues/changes are communicated to the General Foreman/Agent.
- Ensure labour and plant allowances are understood by all on site.
- Ensure site operations run to programme.
- Feedback to the General Foreman all progress being made and any arising issues.
- Monitor performance against production targets.
- Work with the General Foreman to off and on hire plant for individual schemes.
- Maintain all site plant & labour records.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Personal Track Safety.
- Good teamwork & interpersonal skills.
- 3 day SSSTS.
- COSS/IWA/E/S competencies.
- First aid knowledge.
- Experience of working within an OLE environment.
- General building/Civils experience.
- Full UK driving license.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.