About the role
Are you a Traffic Management Operative/Foreman with Highspeed (12AB) Qualifications, looking for a new and exciting opportunity? If so read on.....
Balfour Beatty currently have opportunities for Traffic Management Operatives, Traffic Management Foremans and VRS Lead Installers to work on the M25, one of the busiest sections of road in the UK and one of the most important!
As part of the Connect Plus Services business based in Leatherhead, you will be responsible for maintaining all aspects of the M25 network, such as; fixing potholes, repairing barriers, assisting the emergency services, litter picking, winter maintenance and much more.
The successful candidate will be required to work 3 weeks of nights (8:30pm-5:30am) and 1 week of days (7am-4pm)
What you'll be doing
As a Highways Maintenance Operative you will:
- Undertake activities, as instructed, with capabilities to ensure that your area of responsibility is maintained
- Implement Chapter 8 compliant Traffic Management in line with CPS policies, method statements, risk assessments and industry standards
- Provide accurate and legible written and verbal communication in the form of reports and records
- Use mobile communication/data devices to accurately input data for record purposes to form reports and business records
- Undertake routine vehicle checks and maintain accurate and up to date driving records in line with legislation in accordance with CPS procedures and legislation
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role you will;
- Have previous experience working on a live (highspeed) Motorway or Highway network - (essential requirement)
- Have experience working in a similar traffic / transport / highways / recovery role
- Hold 12AB Highspeed qualification
- Hold a UK Driving Licence alongside a Driver Qualification Card
- Hold a minimum category C (LGV Class 2)
- Hold a valid CSCS Operative Card
Ideally, you will have;
- Have a Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Highways Maintenance
(Please see job description for more information)
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.