What results does my child need in their exams?
We have such a wide variety of roles which means that whatever grades your child or student achieves there could be a role suitable for them. Where roles do require specific results, these will be defined in the job adverts.
When should my child or student start applying?
It’s suggested that your child or student applies as soon as possible to give them the best chance of their application being seen. Our roles usually follow the following timeframes:
- Graduate roles go live towards the end of September
- Placements go live in October
- Apprentices go live in mid-January
Please note for all roles we encourage applications as soon as possible and closing dates will be listed on individual job adverts.
How can I support my child when applying?
Firstly, breathe. It will all be ok! It can be a stressful time for both your child and you when applying for their first job, and your support will help them get off to a great start!
Here are some useful tips that will help you through the application and interview process.
- Proof read your child’s or student’s CV and applications for the role they’re applying for to make sure grammar/spelling is right.
- Share your own experiences so they don’t feel like they are going through this alone.
- Help them with a practice interview; get them to talk through their interview answers with you so they’re well prepared for the real thing.
- Research Balfour Beatty and understand the values we uphold.
It is important for them to show their personality through their application so they come across as genuine and show they are keen to be a part of our industry. Enthusiasm goes a long way!